2008 Lexus GS Reviews & Specs
You'll Like The 2008 Lexus GS If...
If you love everything about the comfort, quality and prestige of owning a Lexus but want to go the extra mile when it comes to performance, technology and environmental awareness, the GS 450h is for you.
Lexus GS Models & Trims
- Navigation System (Optional)
- Heated Seats
- Back-Up Camera
- Premium Audio
- Smart Device Integration
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Keyless Start
- Keyless Entry
- Automated Emergency Braking
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
Is the 2008 Lexus gs the car for you?
Lexus is a reliable car. No worries about death on street. Last long.
Easy to maneuver driving and parking.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength A
- Driver-side Overlap Front N/A
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) *
- Electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD) w/brake assist (BA) *
- Dual-stage front airbag system (SRS) w/passenger occupant detection
- Front/rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags (SRS)
- Front/rear side curtain airbags (SRS)
- Dual front knee airbags (SRS)
- All-position 3-point seat belts-inc: outboard pretensioners w/force limiters
- Height-adjustable front shoulder belt anchors
- All-position emergency locking retractor (ELR)
- All-passenger automatic locking retraction (ALR)
- Child safety rear door locks
- Vehicle dynamics integrated management (VDIM)-inc: electronic controlled braking (ECB), vehicle stability control (VSC), traction control (TRAC) *
- Impact-dissipating upper interior trim
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Brake pedal regression mechanism
- Daytime running lights *
J.D. Power Ratings
Powertrain Quality ?
Body & Interior Design ?
Safety Recalls (3)
Engine And Engine Cooling > Engine Jul 6, 2010Report Receipt Date:Jul 6, 2010NHTSA Campaign:10V309000Summary:TOYOTA IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2006 THROUGH 2008 LEXUS PASSENGER CARS MANUFACTURED FROM AUGUST 26, 2005 THROUGH JULY 29, 2008. MICRO-FOREIGN OBJECTS IN THE MATERIAL OF THE VALVE SPRING MAY DEGRADE THE STRENGTH OF THE VALVE SPRING, POSSIBLY CAUSING THE SPRING TO BREAK.Consequence:THE ENGINE COULD FAIL AND STOP SUDDENLY WHILE THE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.Remedy:TOYOTA WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND DEALERS WILL REPAIR THE VEHICLES FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING JULY 2010. OWNERS MAY CONTACT LEXUS AT 1-800-255-3987.
Engine And Engine Cooling Jan 16, 2009Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2009NHTSA Campaign:09V020000Summary:TOYOTA IS RECALLING 214,570 MY 2006-2008 LEXUS IS, MY 2006-2007 GS AND MY 2007-2008 LS PASSENGER VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ALUMINUM FUEL DELIVERY PIPES (FUEL RAILS). ETHANOL FUELS WITH A LOW MOISTURE CONTENT WILL CORRODE THE INTERNAL SURFACE OF THE FUEL RAILS. AS THIS CONDITION PROGRESSES, THE ENGINE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LIGHT MAY ILLUMINATE.Consequence:OVER TIME, THE CORROSION MAY CREATE A PINHOLE RESULTING IN FUEL LEAKAGE. FUEL LEAKAGE, IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, COULD RESULT IN A FIRE.Remedy:DEALERS WILL INSPECT AND REPLACE THE FUEL DELIVERY PIPES FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING FEBRUARY 2009. OWNERS MAY CONTACT TOYOTA/LEXUS AT 1-800-255-3987.
Fuel System, Gasoline Jun 26, 2018Report Receipt Date:Jun 26, 2018NHTSA Campaign:18V432000Summary:Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2007-2011 Lexus GS350 and GS450h, 2006-2013 Lexus IS350 and 2010-2014 Lexus IS350C vehicles, equipped with 3.5L V6 2GR-FSE gasoline engines. The diaphragms in the fuel pulsation dampers may harden over time and develop cracks, possibly causing a fuel leak.Consequence:A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.Remedy:Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel delivery pipe with a new pipe that has improved pulsation dampers, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin August 9, 2018. Owners may contact Lexus customer service at 1-800-255-3987. Toyota's number for this recall is JLF.