2012 Lexus IS
I like my Lexus. I like the fact that it is easy to drive and it is reliable.
A Lexus provides safety and comfort in one elegant package.
Is 250 c hardtop convertible.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength A
- Driver-side Overlap Front P
- 4-wheel 4-channel/4-sensor anti-lock brakes
- Electronic brake force distribution (EBD) w/brake assist (BA)
- Brake override system -inc: smart stop technology
- Vehicle dynamics integrated management (VDIM) w/cut-off switch *
- Vehicle stability control (VSC) -inc: cut-off switch *
- Traction control (TRAC) *
- Hill-start assist control (HAC)
- Daytime running lamps *
- Door impact side beams
- Energy-managing crumple zones
- Driver & front passenger airbags -inc: occupant classification indicator
- Front seat side-impact airbags
- Front side-curtain airbags
- Safety connect -inc: automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle location, emergency assistance button (SOS), roadside assistance connectivity, (1) year trial subscription *
- All-position 3-point seat belts -inc: force-limiting pretensioners
- Front seat height-adjustable shoulder belt anchors
- All-position emergency locking retractors (ELR)
- Front passenger & rear seat automatic locking retractors (ALR)
- Emergency interior trunk release
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Energy absorbing door & body construction
- First aid kit
J.D. Power Ratings
Powertrain Quality ?
Body & Interior Design ?
Safety Recalls (1)
Air Bags Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:17V006000Summary:Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2012 Toyota 4Runner, Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Sienna, Yaris, Scion xB, Lexus ES350, GX460, IS-F, IS250, IS350, IS250C, IS350C, and Lexus LFA vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above, Toyota is recalling certain 2009 Toyota Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Yaris, Yaris HB, Scion xB, Pontiac Vibe, Lexus, ES350, IS250, IS350, and IS-F vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Additionally, unless included in "...Consequence:An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.Remedy:Toyota will notify the Toyota, Scion and Lexus owners. General Motors will contact the Pontiac owners. Depending on the model, dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator or the air bag assembly, free of charge. Interim letters informing owners that parts are not yet available are expected to begin January 30, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331, or Pontiac customer service at 1-800-762-2737. Toyota's numbers for interim notification for this campaign are G1P (Toyota Zone A), G1R (Toyota Zone B), H1A (Toyota Zone C), G2G (Lexus Zone A), G2H (Lexus Zone B) and H2A (Lexus Zone C). Toyota's numbers for final remedy for this campaign are G0P (Toyota Zone A), G0R (Toyota Zone B), H0A (Toyota Zone C), GLG (Lexus Zone A), GLH (Lexus Zone B) and HLA (Lexus Zone C).