2011 Toyota Highlander
Comfortable for everyone!
The third-row SUV I was looking for.
My highlander came with heated seats that I love.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength G
- Driver-side Overlap Front N/A
- Anti-lock brake system (ABS) w/brake assist
- Electronic Brake-force distribution (EBD)
- Traction control (TRAC) *
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) w/cutoff switch *
- Hill Start Assist Control (HAC)
- Downhill Assist Control (DAC) *
- Front & rear energy-absorbing crumple zones
- Side-impact door beams
- Daytime running lights
- Driver & front passenger advanced airbag system w/occupant classification sensor
- Driver & front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags
- 3-row roll-sensing side curtain airbags
- Drivers knee airbag
- 3-point shoulder belts in all seating positions -inc: drivers emergency locking retractor (ELR), automatic locking retractor (ALR) & emergency locking retractor (ELR) for all passenger positions
- Front seatbelt pretensioners w/force limiters, adjustable belt anchors
- Lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH) system for outboard 2nd row seats
- Child protector rear door locks
- Backup camera *
- Direct tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Energy-dissipating interior trim
- Collapsible steering column
J.D. Power Ratings
Powertrain Quality ?
Body & Interior Design ?
Safety Recalls (3)
Visibility Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:15V689000Summary:Toyota Motor Company (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2009-2011 Tundra, Sequoia, Corolla, Corolla Matrix and Scion xB, 2008-2011 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid, 2007 Camry and Camry Hybrid, 2009 Camry and Camry Hybrid, 2006-2011 RAV4, 2006-2010 Yaris, and 2009-2010 Scion xD and Pontiac Vibe vehicles. During the manufacturing of the Power Window Master Switch (PWMS), grease lubricant may have been inconsistently applied to the sliding electrical contacts.Consequence:If the sliding electrical contacts are not protected by lubricant, debris and moisture that get into the switch may cause a short circuit and the switch assembly may overheat and melt, increasing the risk of a fire.Remedy:Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the switch, applying a lubricant if no abnormality is found. If abnormality is found, the PWMS circuit board will be replaced, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin December 20, 2015. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's number for this recall is C0M.
Seats Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:16V396000Summary:Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain 2005-2011 4Runner, Highlander, Sequoia, and Sienna, 2005-2010 Avalon and Tundra, 2006-2008 Camry Solara, 2006-2010 Highlander hybrid, 2006-2011 Rav4 and Tacoma, 2007-2010 FJ Cruiser, 2007-2011 Camry hybrid, 2009-2010 Venza, 2010-2012 Prius, 1988-1990 and 2005-2010 Camry, and 1989 and 2009-2010 Corolla vehicles equipped with aftermarket accessory seat heaters with a copper strand heating element. The electrical wiring in the seat heaters may be damaged when the seat cushion is compressed.Consequence:If damaged, the copper strand heating element may short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire.Remedy:SET will notify owners, and dealers will disconnect the seat heaters, free of charge, and refund the purchase price of the seat heater accessory. The recall began on July 14, 2016. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226. SET number for this recall is SET16B.
Seats Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:14V743000Summary:Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC (SET) is recalling certain model year 2010-2011 Prius and Corolla, 2009-2011 Venza, 2006-2010 Avalon, 2007-2010 FJ Cruiser, 2005-2011 Sienna and Sequoia, 2006-2011 Tacoma 4x2 and 4x4, Camry, Highlander, Tundra 4x2 and 4x4, and 2007-2011 Rav4 and 4Runner. The affected vehicles may experience compression of the seat cushion which may damage the seat heater wiring.Consequence:Damage to the seat heater wiring could cause the wires to short, increasing the risk of the seat burning and causing personal injury to the occupant.Remedy:SET will notify owners, and dealers will disconnect the heaters with copper strand heating elements and refund the purchase price of the seat heater accessory, free of charge. The recall is expected to began in January 2015. Owners may contact SET customer service at 1-866-405-4226.