2013 Toyota Prius
Toyota Prius is perfect! Surprisingly roomy with outstanding gas mileage.
The money I have saved in gas makes the payments!
Reliable Prius - still running strong after 5 years.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength G
- Driver-side Overlap Front N/A
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) -inc: electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), brake assist (BA)
- Smart stop technology (SST)
- Traction control (TRAC) *
- Hill start assist control (HAC)
- Enhanced vehicle stability control (VSC) *
- Side-impact door beams
- Front/rear energy-absorbing crumple zones
- Daytime running lights (DRL) w/on/off
- Vehicle proximity notification system (VPNS)
- Driver/front passenger advanced airbags w/occupant classification sensor
- Front seat-mounted side airbags
- Front & rear side curtain airbags
- Driver knee airbag
- 3-point seatbelts w/front pretensioners & force limiters
- Adjustable front seatbelt shoulder anchors -inc: auto locking retractors (ALR/ELR) on all passenger seatbelts
- LATCH (lower anchors & tethers for children) system for outboard rear seats
- Child safety rear door locks
- Direct tire pressure monitoring system
- Energy absorbing collapsible steering column
J.D. Power Ratings
Powertrain Quality ?
Body & Interior Design ?
Safety Recalls (2)
Hybrid Propulsion System Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:18V684000Summary:Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2010-2014 Toyota Prius and 2012-2014 Toyota Prius V vehicles. Excessive voltage in the Intelligent Power Module (IPM) within the inverter may cause the hybrid system to shut down, causing the vehicle to stall while being driven.Consequence:If the hybrid system shuts down unexpectedly, it can increase the risk of a crash.Remedy:Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will update the software for the motor/generator control electronic control unit (ECU) and the hybrid control ECU as necessary, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk are expected to begin October 22, 2018. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-888-270-9371. Toyota's number for this recall is J0V. Note: The software updates in this recall are needed even if the vehicle had the software previously updated under recalls 14V-053 or 15V-449.
Hybrid Propulsion SystemNHTSA Campaign:14V053000Summary:Toyota is recalling certain model year 2010 through 2014 Prius vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the Intelligent Power Module (IPM) inside the inverter module (a component of the hybrid system) contains transistors that may become damaged from high operating temperatures. If this occurs, various warning lamps will be illuminated on the instrument panel and the vehicle will have reduced power allowing it to only drive a short distance.Consequence:The vehicle may enter a fail-safe/limp-home mode that limits the drivability of the vehicle. The hybrid system could also shut down completely resulting in a vehicle stall, increasing the risk of a crash.Remedy:Toyota will notify owners and dealers will update the software for both the motor/generator control electronic control unit (ECU) and the hybrid control ECU, free of charge. If an owner experiences a failure of the inverter before the vehicle receives updated software, the dealer will replace the inverter assembly with a new one at no charge. The recall is expected to begin in late February 2014. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.