2008 BMW 5 Series
It is smooth ride and luxury feel.
Comfort, Speed, and Class She has it All!
Oil changes & service on time no exceptions.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side M
- Roof Strength N/A
- Driver-side Overlap Front N/A
- 4-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS) *
- Intelligent Safety & Info System (ISIS) for deployment of safety systems
- Driver/front passenger dual-threshold dual-stage airbags w/passenger deployment sensor
- Front/rear Head Protection System (AHPS II) curtain airbags
- Front side-impact airbags
- Front safety belts-inc: pretensioners, force limiters
- All-passenger automatic locking retractor (ALR)
- LATCH attachments for rear seats
- Child safety rear door locks
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)-inc: dynamic traction control (DTC), dynamic brake control, electronic brake proportioning, cornering & braking stability enhancement *
- Interlocking door anchoring system
- Daytime running lights *
- Battery safety terminal
- Impact sensor (automatically turns on hazard/interior lights, unlocks doors & disconnects alternator, fuel pump & starter)
Safety Recalls (3)
Engine And Engine Cooling Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:17V683000Summary:BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2008-2011 128i and 2007-2011 328i, 328xi, 328i xDrive, 525i, 525xi, 528i, 528xi, 530i, 530xi, X3 3.0si, X3 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive30i, Z4 3.0i, Z4 3.0si and Z4 sDrive30i vehicles. The heater for the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) valve may short circuit.Consequence:An electrical short can cause the parts within the PCV valve to melt, increasing the risk of a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use.Remedy:BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the PCV valve heater, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin December 18, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Exterior Lighting Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:13V407000Summary:BMW is recalling certain model year 2008 through 2010 528i, 535i, 550i, and M5 passenger cars manufactured from March 1, 2007, through December 31, 2009. Over time, increased resistance at the taillight electrical contact points may cause damage to the ground terminal and housing of the connector resulting in an intermittent or permanent loss of functionality of one or more rear lamp functions (tail, brake, turn-signal, reverse).Consequence:Intermittent light operation reduces the ability to warn other motorists of the driver's intentions, increasing the risk of a crashRemedy:BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear lamp bulb carriers free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during October 2013. Owners may contact BMW customer relations at 1-800-525-7417 or email BMW at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic > Power Assist > Vacuum Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:10V446000Summary:BMW IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2004-2010 5-SERIES, 6-SERIES, AND MODEL YEAR 2002-2008 7-SERIES VEHICLES. A CHECK VALVE OF THE BRAKE VACUUM PUMP MAY LEAK A SMALL AMOUNT OF LUBRICATING OIL. OVER TIME THIS COULD RESULT IN CONTAMINATION OF THE BRAKE BOOSTER.Consequence:POWER ASSIST BRAKING PERFORMANCE COULD BE ADVERSELY AFFECTED. IN EXTREME CASES THERE COULD BE A COMPLETE LOSS OF POWER ASSIST BRAKING. AN UNEXPECTED REDUCTION OR LOSS IN POWER BRAKING ASSIST MAY INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.Remedy:THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED A REMEDY OR AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS MAY CONTACT BMW AT 1-800-525-7417.