2013 Buick Verano
Most advanced vehicle I have owned.
Buick Verano over all owner review.
Buick Verano: smooth & comfy in a small package.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength G
- Driver-side Overlap Front N/A
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with Traction Control
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Air bags, frontal and knee for driver and front passenger, side-impact seat-mounted and roof rail for front and rear outboard seating positions includes Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- Rear Vision Camera
- Safety belts, front pretensioners, driver and passenger (driver includes load limiter)
- Safety belts, 3-point, driver and front passenger, height-adjustable includes pretensioners and load limiters
- Safety belts, 3-point, rear, all seating positions
- Safety belts, 3-point, rear center position
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren) for child safety seats in all 3 rear seating positions
- Door locks, rear child security, power
- Tire Pressure Monitor *
- Trunk emergency release handle
- Horn, dual-note high and low
- OnStar, 6 months of Directions and Connections plan includes Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, Crisis Assist, First Assist, Injury Severity Predictor, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, Remote Ignition Block, Remote Door Unlock, Roadside Assistance, Remote Horn and Lights, Turn-by- Turn Navigation with OnStar eNav, Destination Download (requires navigation radio), OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands Free Calling and available OnStar RemoteLink mobile app. (Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.) *
- Automatic Crash Response *
- Stolen Vehicle Assistance *
- OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation *
J.D. Power Ratings
Powertrain Quality ?
Body & Interior Design ?
Safety Recalls (2)
Electrical System , Power Train Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:16V502000Summary:General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Buick Verano and 2016 Chevrolet Malibu as the electronic park lock lever may allow the ignition key to be removed without the transmission being in PARK. Also, certain 2013 Buick Encore, 2011 Buick Regal, 2013-2014 Buick Verano, 2011-2016 Chevrolet Cruze, 2010-2013 Chevrolet Equinox 2013-2015 Chevrolet Malibu, and 2011-2013 GMC Terrain vehicles may have been serviced with similar defective replacement electronic park lock levers. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114, "Theft Protection and Rollaway Prevention."Consequence:If the key is removed without the transmission in PARK, the vehicle may rollaway as occupants are exiting, increasing the risk of injury.Remedy:GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and if necessary replace the key cylinder lock housing, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, Buiick 1-800-521-7300, and GMC 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 50490 and 50491.
Equipment Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:14V417000Summary:General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Buick Encore all-wheel-drive vehicles manufactured August 23, 2012, to September 9, 2013; Verano vehicles manufactured August 8, 2012, to June 20, 2013; Chevrolet Cruze vehicles manufactured August 7, 2012, to August 16, 2013, and 2012-2014 Chevrolet Sonic vehicles manufactured May 10, 2011, to August 16, 2012 equipped with a Calix oil pan/block heater. In cold temperatures, the insulation on the engine block heater cord can become damaged, allowing the wires to be exposed.Consequence:Exposed wires increase the risk of electrical shock and personal injury if the cord is handled while it is plugged in.Remedy:GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the engine oil pan/block heater cord with a new cord that is rated for temperatures of minus 40 degree Celsius. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300 or Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 14257.