2012 Scion iQ Reviews, Ratings & Specs
Scion likes to describe the new-for-2012 iQ as the world's smallest 4-seater. But if you really need four seats on a regular basis, the iQ isn't the smart choice. If, on the other hand, you could unlock a new world of parking possibilities with a tiny microcar, the iQ is your best bet.
Scion iQ Models & Trims
- Navigation System (Optional)
- Heated Seats
- Back-Up Camera
- Premium Audio
- Smart Device Integration
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Keyless Start
- Keyless Entry
- Automated Emergency Braking
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
Scion IQ: The car for the space-conscious, but not for the family
Why I love my small car. =).
There is a lot more room in the car than most people would expect there to be.
For Sale Near Me
Top Rated Compacts
Browse by Category
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength G
- Driver-side Overlap Front N/A
- Star Safety System -inc: vehicle stability control, traction control, anti-lock brake system, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist, smart stop technology
- Driver/front passenger advanced airbag system
- Driver/front passenger seat-mounted side airbags
- Front/rear side curtain airbags *
- Driver/front passenger knee airbags
- Driver seat cushion airbag
- Rear window curtain airbag *
- 3-point seatbelts in all positions -inc: driver-side emergency locking retractor, automatic/emergency locking retractor on all passenger belts
- Lower anchors & tethers for children (LATCH) -inc: lower anchors on outboard rear seats, tether anchors on all rear seats
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- First aid kit w/owner's portfolio
J.D. Power Ratings
Powertrain Quality ?
Body & Interior Design ?
Safety Recalls (1)
Air Bags > Frontal > Sensor/control Modul Nov 8, 2012Report Receipt Date:Nov 8, 2012NHTSA Campaign:12V528000Summary:Toyota is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Scion IQ vehicles manufactured July 31, 2011, through October 12, 2012. The cable for the Occupant Classification System (OCS) may become damaged when sliding the passenger seat forward or backward.Consequence:If the cable for the OCS becomes damaged, the front passenger airbags may not deploy or they may deploy inappropriately for the passenger's size and position. This could increase the risk of personal injury during the event of a vehicle crash necessitating airbag deployment.Remedy:Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will install a protective cover on the OCS weight sensor cable. The recall is expected to begin in December 2012. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331.