2013 BMW 5 Series
Why I will not buy another BMW to many problems.
BMW 535i pros and cons after 5 years.
BMW is the ultimate driving machine so I will give you the safety and performance together
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength G
- Driver-side Overlap Front M
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) -inc: dynamic brake control (DBC), brake pad wear indicators *
- Dynamic stability control (DSC) -inc: brake fade compensation, start-off assistant, brake drying, brake stand-by features, dynamic traction control (DTC)
- Interlocking door anchoring system to help protect against door intrusion in side impacts
- Driver & front passenger airbag supplemental restraint system (SRS) w/advanced technology -inc: dual-threshold, dual-stage deployment, front-passenger seat sensors designed to prevent unnecessary airbag deployment
- Front seat side-impact airbags
- Front & rear seat head protection system (HPS)
- BMW Advanced Safety System for integrated deployment of passive & active safety features
- BMW Ultimate Service
- Crash sensor that activates battery safety terminal disconnect of alternator, fuel pump & starter from battery, automatically unlocks doors, turns on hazard & interior lights
- BMW Assist w/enhanced Bluetooth & USB -inc: (4) years of automatic collision notification, emergency request, enhanced roadside assistance, remote door unlock, stolen vehicle recovery, customer relations, TeleService, Mobile Office features, MyInfo *
- 3-point safety belts w/force limiters & head restraints at all seating positions
- Front safety belts w/automatic pretensioners
- Acoustic safety-belt warning
- Active head restraints for driver & front passenger
- LATCH attachments for child-restraint safety installation
- Child safety rear door locks
- Emergency interior trunk release handle
- Tire pressure monitor
Safety Recalls (3)
Service Brakes, Hydraulic Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:14V627000Summary:BMW of North America LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Sports Wagon, 2012-2014 BMW 320i Sedan, 328i Sedan, 320i xDrive Sedan, 328i xDrive Sedan, 2012-2013 BMW 528i Sedan, 528i xDrive Sedan, 2013-2014 BMW X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i Sports Activity Vehicle, 2013-2014 BMW X3 xDrive28i Sports Activity Vehicle, 2012-2014 BMW Z4 sDrive28i Roadster, and 2014 BMW 428i Coupe, and 428i xDrive Coupe. Due to insufficient lubrication, the vacuum pump that supplies brake power assistance may fail. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 13V-454.Consequence:A failure of the brake vacuum pump results in a reduction in braking power that could increase the risk of a crash.Remedy:BMW will notify owners, and dealers will install a locking ring in the camshaft to retain the camshaft seal disk in the proper location, free of charge. The recall began on December 2, 2014. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:13V454000Summary:BMW of North America LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 320i, 328i, 320i xDrive, and 328i xDrive sedans; model year 2014 328i xDrive Sports Wagons; model year 2012-2013 528i and 528i xDrive sedans, model year 2013-2014 X1 sDrive28i and X1 xDrive28i vehicles and model year 2012-2014 Z4 sDrive28i roadsters. Due to insufficient lubrication, the vacuum pump that supplies brake power assistance may fail.Consequence:A failure of the brake vacuum pump results in a reduction in braking power that could increase the risk of a crash.Remedy:BMW will notify owners, and dealers will modify the vehicles to prevent insufficient vacuum pump lubrication, free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin in November 2013. Owners may contact BMW customer relations at 1-800-525-7417 or email BMW at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.
Exterior Lighting Jan 16, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 16, 2019NHTSA Campaign:15V188000Summary:BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 528i, 528i xDrive, 535i, 535i xDrive, 550i, 550i xDrive, and M5 vehicles, 2013 ActiveHybrid 5 vehicles and 2014 525d xDrive vehicles. The rear reflex reflectors may not reflect enough light. As such, the vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."Consequence:The vehicle may be less visible to other vehicles, increasing the risk of a crash.Remedy:BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear reflex reflectors, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on July 24, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.