2012 Lexus ES Reviews & Specs
Though starting to show its age before a revamp for the 2013 model year, the 2012 Lexus ES is still a worthy competitor among midsize luxury sedans. The Lexus ES treats driver and passengers to a quiet, comfortable ride and plush accommodations.
Lexus ES Models & Trims
- Navigation System (Optional)
- Heated Seats (Optional)
- Back-Up Camera (Optional)
- Premium Audio (Optional)
- Smart Device Integration (Optional)
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Keyless Start
- Keyless Entry
- Automated Emergency Braking
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
The 2012 Lexus as is a safe and sporty car.
Where can I go to get back in my car again?
Lexus es 350 review: transmission troubles but otherwise good.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength G
- Driver-side Overlap Front P
- 4-wheel anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Electronic brake force distribution (EBD) w/brake assist -inc: brake override system
- Vehicle stability control (VSC) w/cutoff switch *
- Traction control *
- Front/rear side-impact door beams
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Daytime running lamps
- Dual front twin-chamber airbags -inc: passenger occupant classification
- Dual front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Rear seat side airbags
- Front/rear side curtain airbags
- Dual front knee airbags
- Safety connect -inc: automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle location, emergency assist button (SOS), enhanced roadside assistance, (1) year trial subscription *
- 3-point seat belts for all seating positions -inc: pretensioners & force limiters for outboard seating positions
- Height-adjustable front shoulder belt anchors
- All-position emergency locking retractor
- Front/rear passenger automatic locking retractor
- Rear child safety locks
- Child restraint seat -inc: tether anchor brackets for rear outboard seats, safety locks
- Glows-in-the-dark emergency interior trunk release
- Direct tire pressure monitor system
- Energy absorbing door & body construction
- Collapsible steering column
- Impact-dissipating soft upper headliner & pillars
- First aid kit
Safety Recalls (2)
Air Bags Jan 9, 2019Report Receipt Date:Jan 9, 2019NHTSA Campaign:19V005000Summary:Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Toyota 4Runner, 2014-2015 Scion xB, Lexus IS350C, IS250C, 2014 Toyota Sienna, Lexus IS-F, and 2014-2017 Lexus GX460 vehicles sold, or ever registered in the states of Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands or "Zone A." Toyota is also recalling certain 2011-2013 Toyota Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Lexus IS250, IS350, 2011-2016 4Runner, 2011-2015 Scion xB, Lexus IS350C, IS250C, 2011-2014 Toyota Sienna, Lexus IS-F, 2011-2017 Lexus GX460, and 2011-2012 Lexus ES350 vehicles ever registered in the states of Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia or "Zone B." Toyo...Consequence:An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.Remedy:Toyota will notify owners. Depending on the vehicle model, dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator, or replace the air bag assembly. The recall began February 15, 2019. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331. Toyota's numbers for this recall are "Zone A" Toyota: G0P, Lexus: GLG; "Zone B" Toyota: G0R, Lexus GLH; "Zone C" Toyota: H0A, and Lexus: HLA.
Air Bags Jan 9, 2017Report Receipt Date:Jan 9, 2017NHTSA Campaign:17V006000Summary:Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain 2012 Toyota 4Runner, Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Sienna, Yaris, Scion xB, Lexus ES350, GX460, IS-F, IS250, IS350, IS250C, IS350C, and Lexus LFA vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands (Saipan), and the U.S. Virgin Islands, or "Zone A." Additionally, unless included in "Zone A" above, Toyota is recalling certain 2009 Toyota Corolla, Corolla Matrix, Yaris, Yaris HB, Scion xB, Pontiac Vibe, Lexus, ES350, IS250, IS350, and IS-F vehicles originally sold, or ever registered, in Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, or "Zone B." Additionally, unless included in "...Consequence:An inflator rupture may result in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants resulting in serious injury or death.Remedy:Toyota will notify the Toyota, Scion and Lexus owners. General Motors will contact the Pontiac owners. Depending on the model, dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag inflator or the air bag assembly, free of charge. Interim letters informing owners that parts are not yet available are expected to begin January 30, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Toyota customer service at 1-800-331-4331, or Pontiac customer service at 1-800-762-2737. Toyota's numbers for interim notification for this campaign are G1P (Toyota Zone A), G1R (Toyota Zone B), H1A (Toyota Zone C), G2G (Lexus Zone A), G2H (Lexus Zone B) and H2A (Lexus Zone C). Toyota's numbers for final remedy for this campaign are G0P (Toyota Zone A), G0R (Toyota Zone B), H0A (Toyota Zone C), GLG (Lexus Zone A), GLH (Lexus Zone B) and HLA (Lexus Zone C).