2013 Chevrolet Volt Reviews, Ratings & Specs
Unique and stylish, the 2013 Chevrolet Volt electric plug-in hybrid runs purely on battery power. However, once its battery pack is depleted (after 25 to 50 miles), the Volt's gasoline engine kicks on to run a generator, powering the electric motors and helping recharge the batteries. This extends the Volt's range an additional 300 miles or more, eliminating "range anxiety."
Chevrolet Volt Models & Trims
5dr HB - $11,502 - $13,427
- Navigation System (Optional)
- Heated Seats (Optional)
- Back-Up Camera (Optional)
- Premium Audio (Optional)
- Smart Device Integration
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Keyless Start
- Keyless Entry
- Automated Emergency Braking
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Cross-Traffic Alert
- Lane Departure Warning (Optional)
Perfect for commuters and those who'd like to save some money on gas!
Chevy volt 66,000 miles, 5 years. Still love it.
My vehicle is comfortable and reliable.
For Sale Near Me
Crash Test Results: Front, Side & Rollover
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration provides consumers with information about crash protection and rollover safety
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a non-profit group which conducts safety testing beyond federal regulations. "Good" is the highest rating.
- Moderate Overlap Front G
- Side G
- Roof Strength G
- Driver-side Overlap Front N/A
- StabiliTrak, stability control system with brake assist includes Traction Control *
- Tire inflation kit
- Daytime Running Lamps, LED illumination
- Air bags, dual-stage frontal, side-impact and knee for driver and front passenger and roof-rail side-impact for front and rear outboard seating positions includes Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner's Manual for more information.)
- OnStar, 3 years of Directions and Connections plan includes, Automatic Crash Response, Emergency Services, Crisis Assist, First Assist, Injury Severity Predictor, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, Remote Ignition Block, Remote Door Unlock, Roadside Assistance, Remote Horn and Lights, Turn-by-Turn Navigation with OnStar eNav, Destination Download (requires navigation radio), OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics, Hands Free Calling and available OnStar RemoteLink mobile app. (Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations.) *
- Automatic Crash Response *
- Theft-deterrent system, anti-theft alarm with immobilizer *
- Pedestrian friendly alert, driver activated horn chirp using turn signal lever
- Safety belts, 3-point, all seating positions includes front seat dual pretensioners
- Lockout switch, child, rear doors and windows, electronic control
- LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Top tethers for CHildren), for child safety seats
- Tire Pressure Monitor System
J.D. Power Ratings
Powertrain Quality ?
Body & Interior Design ?
Safety Recalls (2)
Hybrid Propulsion System Jun 14, 2018Report Receipt Date:Jun 14, 2018NHTSA Campaign:18V397000Summary:General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2013 Chevrolet Volt vehicles. An update to the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 (HPCM2) may have disabled the cell balancing function causing a low-voltage condition.Consequence:If the voltage drops, the vehicle may lose propulsion, increasing the risk of crash.Remedy:GM will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the HPCM2, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18215.
Engine And Engine Cooling Mar 13, 2015Report Receipt Date:Mar 13, 2015NHTSA Campaign:15V145000Summary:General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Volt vehicles manufactured August 25, 2010, to June 26, 2013. If the driver exits the vehicle without turning off the electrical system, the battery may drain low enough that the gasoline engine will automatically start itself to recharge the electric battery.Consequence:If the engine runs for an extended period of time in an enclosed space, there may be a build up of carbon monoxide, increasing the risk of personal injury.Remedy:GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the engine management software to limit the time that the stationary vehicle can be left in the ON position, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 14617.